AM 1150, HD-3 FM 98.9, Apple App：Chinese Radio Seattle | 西雅图中文电台, 周五到周日每晚6点到12点，周一到周四每晚9点到12点, Facebook: ChineseRadioSeattle, WeChat: SeattleToday/SeattleChineseRadio, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@chineseradioseattle
华盛顿州副州长候选人Marty McClendon是一名房地产经纪人、牧师、电台（AM 1590, Eyes on Washington Radio）主播，他还是三个孩子的父亲。他曾两度参选美国联邦国会议员，现在竞选华州副州长。在今年8月的初选中，尽管他几乎没有举办任何筹款活动，但是他意外地击败了10名竞选对手，高票进入大选。在民主党选民占多数的华州，Marty目前和他的竞选对手、民主党人Cyrus Habib的民调持平，并有小幅领先。华州副州长同时也是州参议院的议长，并在州长外出的时候，代理州长的职务。即将退休的现任副州长Brad Owen在华人社区中很受欢迎，Marty表示，他愿意更加接近华人社区。
Introduction: Republican Marty McClendon is a real estate agent, and a part-time pastor, the host of a local talk-radio problem. Marty McClendon was raised on a farm in Eastern Washington. He is a humble, kind and considerate family man. He and his wife have three children.
1) Welcome Marty to our show, how is your campaign going?
2) How could you raise four children and being a real estate agent, a part-time pastor, and the host of a local talk-radio at the same time?
3) some people believe that Lt. Governor is ceremonial position, why did you decide to run for it?
4) We know that you won the primary election without raising noticeable money, how did you manage to make it to win the primary?
5) this year, Seattle Times did not endorse any candidate for the Lt. Governor position, they gave the following reasons:
“Republican Marty McClendon is a conservative pastor and talk-radio show host who has never been in the state Legislature and would have to begin his political education from scratch” and
“Sen. Cyrus Habib, D-Bellevue, has been a legislator for three years but campaigned in the primary in a disturbingly, highly partisan way, making promises he cannot keep. He suggested he would declare unconstitutional those laws he felt contradicted previous court rulings. He said he wouldn’t sign a Senate bill on education if he didn’t believe it fulfilled the Supreme Court’s McCleary rulings”
what’s your comments?
6) the retiring Lt. Governor Brad Owen has held the job for 20 years. His tenure has been marked by a shrewd fairness and humble commitment to the institution, what’s your comments about Mr. Owen?
7) we know that you are the only statewide candidate who is still supporting Donald Trump as president. Why do you insist to support Mr. Trump even when he faced serious scandals during his campaign?
8) what’s your comments about Trump’s comments about assaulting women and FBI’s probe on Clinton’s email server?
9) there are reports that you will fight against state income taxes and unnecessary regulations on businesses, can you tell us more about this?
10) what are your main points about jobs and education for the state?
11) there are homeless issues especially in the city of Seattle, what will you do to solve the homeless problem?
12) briefly tell us about your belief, not in a preaching way, why it’s important?
13) the retiring Lt Governor Owen is quite popular in the Chinese community in Seattle and in the Washington State, would you support the Chinese community in a similar way if you are elected as the next Lt. Governor?
14) why voters should vote for you as the next Lt. Governor instead of your opponent Cyrus Habib?
15) any special words to the Chinese community and the listeners of Chinese Radio Seattle?
(Please listen to the program for Marty’s answers)